The Outlandish Forum Index -> The guys -> Isam B - Gaffa Interview - 2200 Carmen

awayclose
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Bad_Ree Bad_Ree
Gender: Male Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 1132 Location: Turkey
Isam B at Nørrebro Teater

The rapper from Outlandish has written music more and co-operates Carmen in the new music play 2200

Isam Bachiri has written eight new songs to an updated 2009-version of the story about the unpredictable Carmen. The songs have their genre-related starting point in urbane-style, but move also in over rock and electron. Under the performance Isam B will stand on the stage and to present the songs with his band, and has also to act as the piece's narrator. Nørrebro Teater's" 2200 Carmens" take the original story into a contemporary Nørrebro-context, which can be experienced in February, March and the month of April this year.

The cooperation between Isam B and the theatre occurred after a concert in shape at Lille Vega in 2007, where the rapper was presented with the idea by the team from Nørrebro Teater. Because of the good story and the competent team behind which have manager and actor Jonatan Spang, Marijana Jankovic, Janus Nabil Bakrawi and choreographer Toniah Pedersen among others, the cooperation became quick a reality.

- I think, Nørrebro Teater has always been and is one of those theatres, there the drug dealer creativity for some second goodbye. They are very creative in that way, they mix dance, music and theatre on. Normally then I make not such here, but this was close to what I already, make just with another mode of expression, Isam B says to GAFFA.dk.

2200 Carmens relate himself both explicitly and implicitly to the latest time's troubles on Nørrebro: - When I was introduced to the idea, it went quietly comparatively to. The whole band conflict had not then still up-blazed. But when we so purely practically were going to start with working on the piece, there was so happened a part, and it was on its climax with the gang wars on Nørrebro. Then we felt that of course we had to bring it along, the singer explains.

The biggest challenge making music until the play is according to Isam B that various consecutive changes in the piece mean that it have to be altered in music on the way during the process. It also is provocative to write music to another's story in comparison with making music with Outlandish or solo, where he sees it more as a diary, where he tells about his own character.

Making theatre introduces Isam B itself will be just as shooting a music video directly. You cannot just alter something or repeat something, once the piece has gone into action. It also "will be two months, where you arrange concert the same place, and the audience comes to you." - I am more usual to that one takes out to the audience, when one travels around in the country on a trip, Bachiri says.

Not just entertainment

Music by Isam B is an important element concerning managing to bring up to date the old short story, as if pieced have been based on and expressing something relevant whether the contemporary situation is both a hope and an ambition for 2200 Carmens: - I also, hope that we are able that hit something, which talks about the present, it we experience that picture today and we have of Nørrebro. I hope that we can give something to the audience that isn't just sheer entertainment, but also something inspiration.

The three most important reasons to that one ought to go in and see the piece, are according to Isam B: Jonatan Spang, the dance and the actual atmosphere at Nørrebro Teater. Jonatan Spang, because he not simply is a good stand-up comedian, but also a capable and professional actor.

The dance, because Toniah Pedersen is one of the best choreographers in the country, and if only it that she has to instruct dance to Isam B's music, he sees like a honour.

The atmosphere at Nørrebro Teater, because the theatre is progressive and wants to a little more than just performing plays: - They do just as much for that neighbourhood, they are in as well as for Danish theatre. They help to develop and dare go far in comparison with it, others have made before, the singer says.

Isam B looks forward to performing" 2200 Carmens", and isn't unsympathetic face to face with making something like that in the future. He however, emphasizes that even though it's interesting to throw oneself out in new creative genres, he will never go away from making music. No matter what the future brings, confirms he that Outlandish offers a new record publication in the month of April.

" 2200 Carmens" gamble Nørrebro Teater from February 28th to April 25th 2009, and the songs since the piece can with all probability be bought as an ep under the performance. The other participants are Jonatan Spang, Marijana Jankovic and Janus Nabil Bakrawi.

Sanya
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 03 May 2008 Posts: 5751 Location: England
Very Happy thnx soo much 4 sharin Very Happy

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Gender: Male Joined: 06 Oct 2006 Posts: 1791 Location: Morocco
Thank u bro, I wish the actual play was in English, we would have enjoy it more, but anyway I still like the 1st song's tunes, even if I don't get a single word of what he's singing Smile

Peace,
Elmoro4Life.com
Divya
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Posts: 13977 Location: U.K
Thanks for sharin Smile
WoW
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 20 May 2008 Posts: 7444 Location: Riyadh-Saudi Arabia .
thanks for sharing , brotha ... Very Happy

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 20 Apr 2007 Posts: 9712 Location: RASHT/Guilan
thanx 4 sharin'

sakeena_kg
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Gender: Female Joined: 10 Dec 2007 Posts: 241 Location: Kyrgyzstan.........Bishkek
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR INFO MY DEAR BRO!!! Thanks Thx Thanks
WE APPRECIATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!
PEACE!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
moro16
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
New Member New Member
Gender: Female Joined: 08 Mar 2009 Posts: 37 Location: Penn, USA
what does Carmens/Carmen mean?? Confused
Divya
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Posts: 13977 Location: U.K
Carmen is the name of the female who the play is about I think... Smile
moro16
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote