The Outlandish Forum Index -> Memories -> Isam and Waqqas at RIS5

noor232
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Active Member Active Member
Gender: None specified Joined: 09 Jan 2007 Posts: 106 Location: MI, USA
I met Isam (actually twice) he was VERY nice and polite.
The first time I saw him was a few hours before entertainment at RIS5 (the 20something-mayb 3 or 4th of December 2006) and he was just walking around outside the lecture hall (while a lecture was going on) and so I asked him for a picture, and even though he was on his way to the bathroom he politely said "of course" and smiled and took the picture with me and a friend
then after entertainment they left right away before they would have been crowded like crazy
but an organizer announced that outlandish would be doing autographs the following day at lunch, so I saw Isam the next day (he was sitting in the first row of the lecture hall and I was sitting in the 5th-the first 4 were reserved for guests and family of guests) and then lunch passed and there was no autographs so I asked a couple organizers and they said they didnt kno but listen to announcements, but they didnt annoucne it
so I sat in my seat in between lectures while everyone went for a break, and there was a volunteer standing near by and so I asked her, and she said she didnt know
and I was like, "weelll u knoowww that Isam is sitting right there
could i go ask him?" and she said no
I said "well could you go ask?" she said no becuase they were not allowed to talk to the speakers, they were there strictly to volunteer
so an organizer happened to walk by at that second and so I stopped him and asked him and he looked around to find someone to ask because he didnt know
and how convenient it was that Isam was right there
so while he went to ask him, I was turned around talking to my friend and all of a sudden the organizer was like, "what do yu need him to sign?"
and I turned around and all of a sudden Isam was standing right there
so I grabbed the first thing i saw (my sisters notebook) and he signed it but I coudlnt find a pen so the organizer let me use his
all I have to say is THANK YOU to the organizer =),
it was really nice of him to act, rather then just say he didnt know.
then of course a hound of people ran up when they saw Isam doing autographs and I felt kind of bad because I started it haha

stay blessed

Last edited by noor232 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total

NouraQ
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Gender: None specified Joined: 15 Jan 2007 Posts: 278 Location: New Jersey, USA
I SOOOOOO wish I hadn't overslept! I was sitting like 50 rows back.
Nice picture!

stay blessed,
Noura Q

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Gender: Male Joined: 06 Oct 2006 Posts: 1791 Location: Morocco
Nice story !!
You're lucky

Peace,
Elmoro4Life.com
NouraQ
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Ahmed, have you asked the guys if they're doing any performances in Morocco this summer? You need to have a good story to share too!

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:53 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Gender: Male Joined: 06 Oct 2006 Posts: 1791 Location: Morocco
Rolling Eyes actually I didn't, but you know the problem is that moroccan media are more interessed in French related Music and they bring lot of artist from the francophone countries!! and that's killin me

I hope this summer Outlandish did at least a performance in north africa

Peace,
Elmoro4Life.com
aysha
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote
New Member New Member
thats an amzing story sister noor!! man u know i never had an experience meeting them Sad but indirectly.. i guess i did interact with them..

my best freind went to the conference.. she was a volunteer there (she was last yr too)... so when i came to know that outlandish would be there i wrote them a one-page letter (so they'd read it:P) and i sent it to my best freind in canada (i live in dubai). so basically she printed out the letter and on the day of the concert she could not meet them (she couldnt even stay for their performance because it was really late when they came in), and she was reallly upset because she knows how much i LOVE outlandish!

the next day she went up there and was eating in the volunteer room.. and it turns out that someone runs in telling her; 'hey those guys u were looking for are out in the hall (i think) and u gotta go fast to meet them!' and my freind doesnt even know who outlandish is, as in shes never seen them! so she asks the girl what they were wearing and the girl was like one of them's wwearing a jacket with fur on it or soemthing.

my freind grabbed another freind and they went looking everywhere for outlandish! and they found isam after half an hour and she just went up to him and asked him- 'hey my best freind is ur biggest fan and she really wants u to have this letter'. isam smiled and said 'thanks', and then put it in his pocket. and then she asked to take a pic with him, and he said sure, and they tooklike 3-4 pics!! im HELL jealous because im the one dying abt outlandish and she gets to take the pics with isam!!! Razz hahaha well they havent replied even though i put my e-mail address in it:P ah well, lets hope one day they do Wink

i hope they come up to dubai:( i REALLY want to see them!!!

anyway, loads of respect to ya'll moros out there.

Allah hafiz!
noor232
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Gender: None specified Joined: 09 Jan 2007 Posts: 106 Location: MI, USA
masallah what a creative idea! haha i would have never thought of that
after the confrence, i thought of a cool way to have them remember, if i wouldve given them a really cool political t-shirt or something
but its all good
i dont mean to burst your bubble, but i doubt he'll email! im sure hes gotten lots and lots of email addresses and things like that
its unfortunate, but it would be nice if he did
i was sad because i didnt even get to talk to/see waqqas
it wouldve been nice to get his autograph, or a picture or something
this is as close as i got

stay blessed

kiz_outland
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Gender: None specified Joined: 17 Dec 2006 Posts: 122 Location: Birmingham~~~~UK!
ur soooooooooooooooooooooo lucki sis!
Man i wish i waz u
tc
Godbless
kiz_outland

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸··¤(`×[¤Kiz_Outland¤]×´)¤··°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
aysha
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
New Member New Member
hahha!! Very Happy well i agree with you sister noura, but i like being a dreamer Razz even if it means ending up as a sucker Razz

Allah hafiz!
outlandish4life
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Golden Member Golden Member
Gender: Female Joined: 17 Jan 2007 Posts: 1357 Location: Montreal,Canada
You are sooooooo LUCKY!!!I never had the chance to meet them Sad But at least I met Sami Yusuf Wink

NouraQ
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:37 am Reply with quote
outlandish4life wrote:
You are sooooooo LUCKY!!!I never had the chance to meet them Sad But at least I met Sami Yusuf Wink

Where did you meet Sami Yusuf????

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
Golden Member Golden Member
Gender: Female Joined: 17 Jan 2007 Posts: 1357 Location: Montreal,Canada
It's cuz my mom's cousin(Bara Ghannouchi) writes mosts of Sami Yusuf songs and we were invited at his brother marriage(me,my dad and my sister) and he was there!!But I wasn't so excited cuz I didn't know him(he wasn't really popular in canada).I didn't speak with him a lot cuz at that time I wasn't too good in English and he didn't speak french but I found him really nice and I played with his banjo and me a my sis sang to him and the family and he sang too and I got his autograph and a free CD but I didn't take any pictures(stupid me!!) Crying or Very sad

It's the only celebrity I met in my whole life and I hope that the next time I see any celebrity it'll be OUTLANDISH!!!
Very Happy Very Happy
-Outlandish4life-

syrian princess
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
New Member New Member
Gender: None specified Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 11 Location: tdot,canada
i sooo dispise uuuuuuuu
no fair i asked the ppl soo many times about the signing and i basically went out on a hunt to look for isam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im soo mad
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ok just had to get sum frustration out
u know if outlandish is gonna cum back to torotto???
i still think this is sooo unfair...i always go out and walk around to see whats going on during lectures!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ISSSAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
sorry
ill probably be mad for a few more hours byezz
lolzz

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:25 am Reply with quote
The Hurricane The Hurricane
noor232 wrote:
masallah what a creative idea! haha i would have never thought of that
after the confrence, i thought of a cool way to have them remember, if i wouldve given them a really cool political t-shirt or something
but its all good
i dont mean to burst your bubble, but i doubt he'll email! im sure hes gotten lots and lots of email addresses and things like that
its unfortunate, but it would be nice if he did
i was sad because i didnt even get to talk to/see waqqas
it wouldve been nice to get his autograph, or a picture or something
this is as close as i got

stay blessed

nice pic wallah ... so funny
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
~Hope~
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote
New Member New Member
Gender: None specified Joined: 12 May 2007 Posts: 10 Location: UK
u peeps were lucky man...
i did hav an oppurtunity to get isams autograph at the EOI but i kinda forget to ask him and now i've remembered like a month after the concert Rolling Eyes
i mean he was standin RITE IN FRONT OF ME and we was chattin and stuff.and my reallly annoying sis was supposed to be takin pics i mean HE WAS RITE IN FRONT OF US and she takes a pic when he walks off. i was like WHY THE HELL DID THE CAMERA HAV TO BE IN UR HAND FOR????
she dusn't listen to outlandish much she just likes 2 of their songs.
yeh but i mean HE WOZ RITE IN FRONT OF US MAN!!!
yeh anywayz i'd betta go b4 i start havin a fit.....

stay blessed..... Cool

BUSH + BLAIR SITTING IN A TREE KILLING!!!