The Outlandish Forum Index -> The guys -> Isam B - Amnesty Magazine Interview

awayclose
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quote
Bad_Ree Bad_Ree
Gender: Male Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 1132 Location: Turkey

"I actually met my wife because of Amnesty"

Interview with singer and song-writer Isam B on its relationship with Amnesty, to stand in the Boxer shorts at the airport on because of terrorist fears and to sing in their mother tongue.

What is your relationship with Amnesty?

"My relationship with Amnesty is really cool. I have great respect for Amnesty
work. It is very inspiring. My wife and I met actually because of Amnesty (laughs). She did volunteer work for something you in the past and it was also one of the reasons why I fell for her. She would make an interview in connection with that campaign towards weapons (control arm's, ed.) and asked me up. That was how we slowly got to know each other. Eventually I got an insight into who she is - and then took the momentum. "

So Amnesty led you together?

"Yes, it is true it is, then cool. I thought over it today, because I was up and pee in the room: what was it that had to be Amnesty? Oh, how funny! "

Outlandish is in the media was accused of failing to act with a lightdressed women and to support terrorism? Do you think the media has been harder to you?

"There's certainly been a shift."

How?

"Well, in the past were not interested in our religion and our background. It is suddenly arrived, and it has to do with that Islamophobia has grown at home. As we talk about each other and we can certainly make, and it can be other Danish Muslims jo also mark. I have girlfriends who wears the headscarf, and they have experienced being spit on, or that people have tried to tear the veil of.
It is idiots, but that is something that happens more and more. Also
when you are at the airport. It is almost fun to be with shoes and this and that and suddenly standing in the boxershorts.
But the world is now gone away and become, and the most important thing is enough not to be subdue it, as does Monday mentally down. For my him I also think that my music has something of the heart, and Therefore it also some people where they do not like it. And of course I can enjoy. I have always appreciated the fact that music makes people To take the position that it is pure entertainment. "

Is it coincidence that you started to write texts in Danish? Or is it a statement by you, for example. to release the song 'I
Denmark, I born?

"It's actually not a statement on my part, but it has taken people it, and therefore radio also found it difficult to play it, how the hell have you 'In Denmark I was born' after Britney Spears' 'Piece of Me'? I do not know. Therefore, we were also in doubt because we sent it out, because it may be that people think it is good, but it must also fit into The Voice's and P3's rotation list and people have been a little strange about it. I got the idea from my wife, who sings the kind of songs. I grew up in Amager and later Brøndby Strand, and we have sgu not sung such songs. But my wife is from Ringsted, and she can throughout sangbogen. My interest the Danish music has come regularly because of my involvement with the Danish music industry. I have a singing teacher who is such an opera, and he gave us the idea of 'Man binds us on foot and hand,' and then was actually 2-3 years before I put myself down and read the text. That is it often with ideas. They may be right in front of you, but then it takes some time Before you understand it. 'In Denmark I was born' was my wife's idea, or rather - She inspired me to do so. She sang the number for me, and I thought that the first two lines are very powerful. "In Denmark I was born, which I have at home, having my roots, then my world go '. So googlede I feel it and found out that it was h.c. Andersen, who had written it, and later a composer named Schierbeck who made the melody, which we all sing today. The melody is timeless, and I have only done very little about it, because I like to take something old and timeless up. It is also much to my musical Based on hiphop'en. It is obviously an art to take it up today and update it so that it fits into the musical context. But it was not intended as a cultural or political statement. But other have seen that. "

Yes, for P3 Guld awards you acted instantly number with Natasjas number 'We want Denmark back'.

"Yes, and it was also a good idea and a great honor for me to act with Natasjas number. She also uses a fragment of 'In Denmark I was born' but uses it in a slightly different way. It funny is that we have chosen to use the same song simultaneously. That we are two creative people, who have been daydreaming around the folk high school song book. I just do not know that it was the closest Denmark national anthem No. 2 So somewhere you can say that when both Natasja and I choose the song says maybe something about the mood that has been the last five years. I think because certainly that racism has grown at home. I can make. Not just in the media, but also the "fun" letters I receive. And from stories from friends around. Some Just accept it and say 'this is a part of Denmark, it can not do anything about, but I think we will certainly be looking at it from another angle, and that we Danes who have darker skin, to provide us up without being a nationalist, but to say 'hey, we are here also, although we do not have liver-colored hair and blue eyes. "We often hear from ministers, teachers and police, the Danes and Muslims, but it is is strange, because it should not say to divide it up Monday at the way to do the nation a disservice. This is ridiculous, I think."

Do you think your music can help to bridge?

"I think certainly. Culture can have an enormous amount of power to you talk to people on a universal language. Whether you are at Langeland festival and performer, or whether you are in Portugal in front of 30,000 people. The reminder something about people. Through music and other arts opens up the whole world. That is what we need and it should also come with time. We can learn from history, when there is some new into the
a society becomes the asshole overs. A few generations later start asshole overs to be trendsetters, and so it has always been. You can Just see it with the Italians in the United States. For 70 years ago, the mafia and vicious criminals, and today you have a very different picture of them.

***Amnesty International (commonly known as Amnesty or AI) is an international non-governmental organisation which defines its mission as "to conduct research and generate action to prevent and end grave abuses of human rights and to demand justice for those whose rights have been violated."

p.s. The interview is translated from Danish by online translators and translation sucks in some paragraphs but you can easily get the main idea. Smile

smee
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
Active Member Active Member
Gender: Female Joined: 19 Aug 2008 Posts: 278 Location: TURKEY
Quote:
p.s. The interview is translated from Danish by online translators

yeah no need to say it. its quite obvious Smile thanks very much for all your effort to inform us whenever sth new happens about outlandish- even when its in danish Thanks

freedom from cages that limit my mind.
Maria
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 16 Oct 2007 Posts: 10279 Location: Romania
aha,like smee said Razz
Thanks !
awayclose
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Bad_Ree Bad_Ree
Gender: Male Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 1132 Location: Turkey
u r welcome moros. Wink

Divya
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Posts: 13977 Location: U.K
Thx Very Happy
Sanya
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 03 May 2008 Posts: 5751 Location: England
Very Happy THANKYOU!!! Very Happy

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 20 May 2008 Posts: 7444 Location: Riyadh-Saudi Arabia .
thank you , bro ... Smile

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 20 Apr 2007 Posts: 9712 Location: RASHT/Guilan
thank u sO much brO Smile

Angel Eyes
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
Gender: Female Joined: 01 Aug 2007 Posts: 3946 Location: Jordan
Thanks alot Very Happy
Thanks

thx dear Sanya Very Happy Love1
elmoroFAN4lyf
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
Gender: Female Joined: 06 Jul 2007 Posts: 3207 Location: !?!Gunchesta!?! England
Thx alot bro!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
elmoro4life
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Gender: Male Joined: 06 Oct 2006 Posts: 1791 Location: Morocco
thanks for the interview!!

Peace,
Elmoro4Life.com
lory
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 01 Nov 2007 Posts: 7286 Location: romania
Thank you! Very Happy

sakeena_kg
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Gender: Female Joined: 10 Dec 2007 Posts: 241 Location: Kyrgyzstan.........Bishkek
THANK U,DEAR BRO SOOO MUCH FOR THIS ONE!!!!
REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!
STAY BLESSED!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger