The Outlandish Forum Index -> Outlandish -> Aftenshowet interview in english.

sigga
Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Member Member
Gender: Female Joined: 31 Aug 2007 Posts: 67 Location: denmark:)

How was it, when you all got all the success ?

Lenny : Right now you kinda forget to enjoy it, for us it has always been about the music, we have to like music and be honest about our work. And when you get success you need to remember to enjoy it a little more, it goes away fast.

Isam : I remember when we had the success and were traveling to Germany, India, New york, you name it.

And we had a little concert in New York and some people came to see if we were ready for America and we were after the concert. But the record company that was supposed to release our album in America..couldn't because the record company went down. I was actually happy about that because we had been traveling so much and forgot all about ourselves and we needed to take a breather. It was maybe a sign that things were going too fast for us.

Was it like Lenny said, hard to remember to enjoy the success ?

Isam : Yes for sure, it goes so fast, you don't have time to enjoy it.
We didn't have much experience with having a smile on our faces, instead we were stressed about things.

What was it that stressed you ?

Lenny : It could be so much, everything from practise to be ready for this and that and like i said you don't get time to enjoy it. And think why is this all happening. We don't complain about our success, we are very thankful, if we think back, we maybe could have enjoyed it a little more now that we have album #4 out.

Isam : You start to understand the documentaries that you have seen about rock bands, that are on coke and throw the tv out the window and it starts to make sense, you think 'i've actually thought about that' it's a lot of stress for one person.

Is it all the pressure ?

Lenny : No, i don't think it's the pressure, it's more like a fantasy world, what is it really to be famous ? people see you but they don't know you so always meeting people that tell you that you are a angel, or whatever, they have opinions about you without really knowing you, that can be weird. They haven't really talked to you, only heard your music/songs and that gives them the idea of how you are as a person. For 30 seconds, you can't really tell people who you are and sometimes you have to take it easy and just take it with a smile.

Isam : It's also confusing. If you are really big in some country and then you come back home to your mom and she is like 'go to the store to get milk' and then maybe you start throwing stuff in the store and then the media comes and so on.

With the success, when did you guys think it was maybe a little too much, would you have done it different ?

Waqas : It's been like this for some time. I got married a lot, not a lot i mean early in our career (then he says sorry to his wife for saying a lot instead of early *lol*) and got kids early. It's different for all of us.

And like with Isam, when we did Aicha, we started as a rap group and he saw himself more as a rapper than a singer and then he had to stand in Germany in front of 20.000 people live and sing Aicha. That's hard for a person.

(I thought he did a good job on Aicha, i had no idea it was this hard for him at first..)

Now with the new album, do you you think you guys can handle it better ?

Lenny : Yes. We have been doing it for 10 years and we know the music industry better now.

sorry if my english is bad..
and if there are mistakes Sad *hides*

More 2 come..in english Very Happy
Divya
Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Posts: 13977 Location: U.K
Thank you very much for translating the interview dear Moro it really does help a lot! Very Happy thanx again! Very Happy Smile
Maria
Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 16 Oct 2007 Posts: 10279 Location: Romania
Thanks a lot for translating!
dina
Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
Gender: Female Joined: 08 Mar 2009 Posts: 3503 Location: palastine
thank you verey much for your job Very Happy

It's good that you translate what we don't know in danish language Wink Very Happy
Persian-Moro
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:39 am Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 20 Apr 2007 Posts: 9712 Location: RASHT/Guilan
thax 4 translatiOn Dear!! Smile

themajor
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 21 Apr 2009 Posts: 7864 Location: Iran
Wow… Very Happy thx dear..we really need s.o to translate Danish 4 us.. Crying or Very sad u did a great job man.. Razz Very Happy

WoW
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 20 May 2008 Posts: 7444 Location: Riyadh-Saudi Arabia .
nice , thanks for the translation ... Very Happy

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote
Golden Member Golden Member
Gender: Female Joined: 27 Jun 2009 Posts: 1541 Location: Mexico
uuuu thank you thak you thank you!!! that was amazing girl, thanks for sharing...

Oops Maybe u could help us with the go aften danmark interview???? Oops Oops Oops Oops Oops Oops

hihi thanks again Very Happy

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
Active Member Active Member
Gender: Female Joined: 05 May 2009 Posts: 121 Location: EGYPT
OoOH!!! tnxxxxxxxx so much
You did great nonono You did awesome
thank you dear
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
themajor
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 21 Apr 2009 Posts: 7864 Location: Iran
mexican_mora wrote:

Oops Maybe u could help us with the go aften danmark interview????

yeah..... Laughing .good request.. Razz