The Outlandish Forum Index -> Religion and Spirituality -> Shud all muslim women wear the hijab (headscarf)?

should all muslim women wear a hijab?

yes  
83%
  [ 10 ]  83%

no  
8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

dont know  
8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

Total Votes : 12
elmoroFAN4lyf
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
Gender: Female Joined: 06 Jul 2007 Posts: 3207 Location: !?!Gunchesta!?! England
well my question is do you think all muslim women should wear a headscarf?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ilham919
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote
Gender: Female Joined: 06 Sep 2007 Posts: 2750 Location: Paris.
Well... it's a good question...

Personally i don't wear it (i'm 15), actually just for the prayers. But i noe a lot of muslim girls older than me, even married, who don't wear it. And though they are good muslims, they pray, they do the ramadan, etc...

I think hijab doesn't mean anything.
So many girls wear it but though they are BAD girls (i noe what i'm talking about). U could be forced to wear it by ur family, ur husband.. Some girls wear it in front of people to be free to do what they want to do. Their bros and their fathers think : "ok she wears hijab, so I can let her go there, do this, she's a good girl, we can trust her..."

My parents will never force me to wear it, but i'll isA. I just think i'm not ready for the moment. I mean, my dîn isn't completely "built" lol, i'm young... I wait to really UNDERSTAND what the hijab means. Cuz it's not just a scarf to protect u from men gazes.. it's something else, more spiritual.. dunno how to explain it.. Rolling Eyes

| by la couz Sajida™ |
farfar101
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
Silver Member Silver Member
Gender: Female Joined: 10 Jul 2007 Posts: 887 Location: Buffalo, NY
Well i agree a complete lot with you,
but im 13 & my parents advice me to wear it, so i do.
the eyes & the hair is usually the beauty in a women but then you cant cover ur eyes or else you cant see...
so cover your hair & itll help you alot in life..
& i do agree with your opinion alittle.. but not completely..

Pure Moro!
~*Elmoro4Eva*~
A Smile is a Charity - Isam Bachiri
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bams.22
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Gender: Female Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Posts: 952 Location: France
I wear scarf since I was 10, I wore it cause all my friends wore it, but I didn't really understand the importance...

when I was 15, I tried to understand the meaning, the importance... so i searched why women should wear scarf.

when I learned that it was in the holly Kuran, that it was not only a willing of the Prophete (pbuh) but a willing of God, I decided to wera it properly, and since this decision I never withdrawn it.... even when it was difficult cause it was very very difficult....

ilham919
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Waw... I'm surprised when I read your answers bams & farfar... Shocked

Quote:
I wear scarf since I was 10

Quote:

I admire u ! Surprised

But even if I want to wear it, in french schools hijab is forbidden. So I'll wear it only when i'm not at school... I think it's meaningless... So I wait to be an adult, then I can wear it everywhere, completely !
btw bams how did u do at school ?? Confused maybe it was before the big ridiculous polemic ?? Confused

All my friends with the same age don't wear it, even in morocco. For my parents, just wear decent clothes, no make-up and it's alright lol...

| by la couz Sajida™ |
bams.22
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
ilham919 wrote:
Waw... I'm surprised when I read your answers bams & farfar... Shocked

Quote:
I wear scarf since I was 10

Quote:

I admire u ! Surprised

But even if I want to wear it, in french schools hijab is forbidden. So I'll wear it only when i'm not at school... I think it's meaningless... So I wait to be an adult, then I can wear it everywhere, completely !
btw bams how did u do at school ?? Confused maybe it was before the big ridiculous polemic ?? Confused

All my friends with the same age don't wear it, even in morocco. For my parents, just wear decent clothes, no make-up and it's alright lol...

I understand you, it even a good thing to weaar decents clothes...

when I was in school, the law wasn't in place, but my sister who is 16 wear it at school, I register her in a private school, then she can wear it...

missgreen87
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Active Member Active Member
Gender: Female Joined: 03 Jun 2007 Posts: 317 Location: morocco casablanca
thank's for the wonderfull topic in me piont of view muslim woman has to wear hijab it's clear in islam

the Prophet Muhammad is quoted as saying: "...If the
woman reaches the age of puberty, no part of her body should be seen but
this --- and he pointed to his face and hands."

Surah an-Nur ayah 31 says:

Wa qul li al-mu'minat yaghdudna min absarihinna wa yahfazna furujahunna wa laa yubdina zenatahunna illa maa zahara min haa wal-yadribna bi khumurihinna ala juyubihinna; wa laa yubdina zenatahunna illa li bu'ulatihinna aw aba'ihinna aw aba'i bu'ulatihinna aw abna'ihinna aw abna'i bu'ulatihinna aw ikhwanihinna aw bani ikhwanihinna aw bani akhawatihinna aw nisa'ihinna aw maa malakat aymanu hunna aw at-tabi'ina ghayri ulu'l-irbat min ar-rijal aw at-tifl alladhina lam yazharu ala awrat an-nisa wa laa yadribna bi arjulihinna li yu'lama maa yukhfina min zenatahinna. Wa tubu ilaAllahi jami'an, ayyuha al-mu'minun la'allakum tuflihun

And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful

Surah al-Ahzab ayah 59 says:

Ya ayyuha an-Nabiyy qul li azwajika wa banatika wa nisa al-mu'minin yudnina alayhinna min jalabib hinna; dhalika adna an yu'rafna fa laa yu'dhayn. Wa kana Allahu Ghafur Rahim

O Prophet! Say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outergarments (jilbabs) close around themselves; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Gentle.

Last edited by missgreen87 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
thanks zineb for all the verses.... Very Happy

ilham919
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Thank you zineb, ur post is useful for the topic. Smile

bams your sister is so lucky.. I'd like to wear the hijab at skool... In MY skool there's a teacher who can't stand even fatima's hands... Mad Trust me, mine's tiny but he located it ! Confused Razz

| by la couz Sajida™ |
bams.22
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
I had a teacher like your... I understand you soooo, I pray for all muslim girls who live in such a situation
inchaAllah one day we could live as we want and we could wear what we want as everybody can do...

missgreen87
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Gender: Female Joined: 03 Jun 2007 Posts: 317 Location: morocco casablanca
you are welcome my sisters Smile

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Silver Member Silver Member
kwl topic..anyway i agree with ilham919, about the fact i don't find it important...
To be truely honest, I feel there are many bigger aspects of my faith I should try to imporve rather than put a scarf on my head to cover my hair, when I won't be giving an example. And an actual fact is the people that usually wear teh Hijab are usually the ones that are the bad muslims. My friend wears the Hijab and when we were discussing other religions and what hey wear and symbols of their faith, my friend was asked why she wore it...and she didn't know WHYYYY!!
My parents don't force me to wear it, and haven't asked me to either... and like I've said, the headscarf isn't the first thing on my list of things to sort out.
At the end of the day, it depends on what school of thought you're following, some people feel they should cover totally, wear the nikab and everything..though some think they should dress decently and they're fine.

tc xxx
OneLove
Rahat-the lil moro 4ever!
Dilan
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quote
Gender: Female Joined: 20 May 2007 Posts: 265 Location: Turkey
Quote:
there's a teacher who can't stand even fatima's hands...

Ok u can say stupid to me i accept it but whats Fatima's hand?? I never see or hear about it except OL song u know Razz Razz Oops Confused Question

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
Dilan its a jewel supposed to protect from the "bad eye", but i dont believe in it lol.. just a beautiful jewel.. many muslim girls have it (dunno in turkey, anyway in morocco, algeria, etc), and even some boys (weird.. Confused ) and sometimes non-muslim girls (lol it became "in" Razz )

mine is in silver, tiny, with a white stone. Smile

| by la couz Sajida™ |
bams.22
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
a fatima's hand is like "göz boncuk"
I wear it before but not now... I need to know the real story of it before decided to wear it or not cause it has a meaning, a protection meaning that I find stupid...

I understand you rahat when you say that lots of girls wear a scarf but don't know why...
but I don't agree with you when you say it's not important, it's very important to know and to understand why we wear it as a muslim, it's God willind and Prohete (saw) willing, so it should be important in all muslims life...

It's not because some "stupid" girls wear it and did horrible thing that we should compare their attitude with the scarf. As a muslim I think we should protect the scarf, and inchaAllah in the other world God will congratulate us for our faith....