The Outlandish Forum Index -> Religion and Spirituality -> Christianity

gud
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Guest Gender: None specified
All posts about seem to be about Islam...So I thought, why not other religions too.. Smile
So since I'm Catholic, I will to start with Christianity.

what I want to know is your view of it.

How do you see it in the world of religion?
What does seem wrong and right in it?
How does the community you live in, respond Christian things?

Anything else? Confused

Feel free to tell any stories or anything else you want to share.

No need to be all polite, criticize if you need to. Smile

Don't be afraid! Say what your really mean!

wit luv,
-gud
bams.22
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Gender: Female Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Posts: 952 Location: France
I personnaly accept all the religions, what ever they are.
every body is free to choose his/her religion...
even if I don't approuve lots of them... lol

About Christianism, I believe like all Christians in jesus and in Maria...
but I don't believe in the fact that Maria is the mother of the son of God or that she is the mother of God...
how can she be the mother of God....
God can't born and can't be born, he is over all of this...
He decide to make Maria pregnant just thanks his willing... and Jesus is just a messenger... (for muslims)

I don't believe too to the trinity.. I don't really understand what it is : God his son and the spirit????
so who is god? who is his son? and who is the spirit????
in the same time christian says they believe to only one God??? so what is the trinity????
I really don't understand it....

and there is an other point I don't approuve it's Chrismas day. everywhere in the world it's 25 december, but this date is in real a payen event not a chritian one....
Jesus seemed to be born in the begining of January....so it's so strange...
and a religious event become a commercial one with a red man who offers presents to good children..... ridiculous.... where is the faith, prayers???

how do you feel about that???

elmoro4life
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:46 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Gender: Male Joined: 06 Oct 2006 Posts: 1791 Location: Morocco
Hi!

I'm a Muslim and the following link can give you an idea to my thinking about Christianity
http://www.what-is-islam.org/islamvschrist.html

Peace,
Elmoro4Life.com
ilham919
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
Gender: Female Joined: 06 Sep 2007 Posts: 2750 Location: Paris.
I'll not repeat whats already said, i just completely agree wiv bams and elmoro4life's video.

You know, French aren't the most religious christians in the world.. So I don't know a lot of real christians around me, most of French people I know are rethinks or converted to Islam (it's the 2nd religion of the country), so maybe I can't judge well.

I know just 1 priest living in my block. He lives in the 7th floor and never takes the elevator Shocked . I'm a bit worried for him and try to convince him cuz he's very old and sometimes he has bags when he comes back from the shops, but he doesn't want to listen to me, and he says me "Don't worry my dear, don't help me, I'm stong hehe!" lolz.. It's not that evident, trust me.. Rolling Eyes I think it's cuz Christianity recommends to live very very modestly, and I must admit I admire him.. He's always smiling and he's a nice, tolerant and generous man, very open to people. Theres many muslims in the block and he salutes us, talks with us and laughs with us..

But what I see from Christianity, it's that they want an UNIVERSAL LOVE. No matter who you are, I love you, no matter who you are, I help you. I like this concept. It's the good overview which Christians convey by the medias. But most of the time.. it's what they say, but not what they do.

I mean, some centuries ago, Christian forced to convert many peoples, and they didn't agree wiv many scientific and medical theories which are proved.. Our history teacher told us some ridiculous stories abt it.. Like Christians though that Black people aren't human beings, or that the Earth isn't a sphere, or when you have a headache, it's cuz of the evil who entered in your head lol, so we must splitting your skull and put salt in it.. Confused

Plus in France, Christianity have a dirty reputation nowadays, cuz there are a lot of cases of pedophile priests.. So.. Rolling Eyes

| by la couz Sajida™ |
Maria
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Moro! Moro!
Gender: Female Joined: 16 Oct 2007 Posts: 10279 Location: Romania
Ok.....that's your point of view.
I am a Christian,actually an Orthodox.
* In that video i never heard the version that The Holy Spirit is in fact angel Gabriel Confused who said that?
* i also didn't heard that the Christians have that opinion about Proffet Muhamad.
* Another thing it's written there that Jesus will came & call all humanity to Islam Confused WHAT???
* in the section Path to salvation it's said that it's not require any work only faith , that is not true!

About your neighbor,Ilham,the reason that he never takes the elevator it's not because he is Christian.Where did u heard that "Christianity
recommends to live very very modestly"???? well......it's not true.
Did u ever thought that maybe he is claustrophob or maybe he is just afraid that he might get stucked in the elevator?
About the stories that your history teacher told u :
1.u must of heard that long long time ago the people didn't knew that the Earth is a sphere,people don't think that anymore lol...
2.about the headache ,again long time ago people,especially from the villages,invented all kind of stories....
3.u also must of heard of the nazists or the slaves in America,and not only, yes this kind of people thought black people was an inferior rase ; this doesen't mean that all the Christians thought that.

Ok... Very Happy so don't be mad of me because what i said,it's just that it's annoing me to hear bad things about my religion. It's not anything personal,belive me i respect all of u and your thoughts.I think u have to be annoyed to when u here others people opinion that doesn't realy understand your religion. Don't think that i didn't saw the good impresions that u have too,i did & thank u for respecting this religion,like we do respect yours.

Ok so i know we have people that do ugly things and have a lot of sins & others but i also think that every religion have people that doesn't respect & doesen't take cont of their religion.Like,every religion have people that aregoodmuslims,christians,etc.

So that's my opinion Very Happy .Once again i hope i didn't upset u with what i said,it's nothing personal,i only feelt that i have to "defend" my religion.
ilham919
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
Gender: Female Joined: 06 Sep 2007 Posts: 2750 Location: Paris.
I understand you Maria..
And don't worry, I also respect what you think, no problem. Smile

| by la couz Sajida™ |
bams.22
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quote
Moderator Moderator
Gender: Female Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Posts: 952 Location: France
I agree with you maria
everybody is free to choose their religion, and to live their freely...
evenn if I don't understand some part of other religion, I always respect people. I live in france and I have muslim friends Christian friends, some who don't believe in God, or believe to Boudha....

the most important thing is the respect, like this it will be easier to live all together even if we don't believe to the same thing...

elmoro4life
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
I respect other religions too Smile I just gave you a lil idea about my view of christianity, I didn't said it's christianity!! it's just what I learned through the years... even tho I live in a country where there's less than 1% of christians..

Peace,
Elmoro4Life.com
adela
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Silver Member Silver Member
Gender: Female Joined: 13 Sep 2007 Posts: 912 Location: Romania
Well i think that you can talk about religion for days cause everyone thinks and belive in whaterver he or she wants and i really hate when someone comes to me trying to convinge me that her religion is the "right one" (it happend to me once....)

I'm in a such a horrible situation.......my father is an ortodox an my mother is a baptist........and i'm like Confused Confused Confused but now i understand that God is only one and in my vision all the reliogion are equal! so....i respect every religion no matter in what she or he belives.........i mean it's not my bussines Laughing

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
elmoro4life wrote:
Hi!

I'm a Muslim and the following link can give you an idea to my thinking about Christianity
http://www.what-is-islam.org/islamvschrist.html

ooh..thanks so much Smile Very Happy

but what's the deal with " ...he(Jesus) will kill the pigs..." Confused never heard of it

-gud
gud
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote
ilham919 wrote:

But what I see from Christianity, it's that they want an UNIVERSAL LOVE. No matter who you are, I love you, no matter who you are, I help you. I like this concept. It's the good overview which Christians convey by the medias. But most of the time.. it's what they say, but not what they do.

I mean, some centuries ago, Christian forced to convert many peoples, and they didn't agree wiv many scientific and medical theories which are proved.. Our history teacher told us some ridiculous stories abt it.. Like Christians though that Black people aren't human beings, or that the Earth isn't a sphere, or when you have a headache, it's cuz of the evil who entered in your head lol, so we must splitting your skull and put salt in it.. Confused

Plus in France, Christianity have a dirty reputation nowadays, cuz there are a lot of cases of pedophile priests.. So.. Rolling Eyes

They might've been racists, so isn't it just normal to want to pay back for those lost times now, when they've finally realized what they've done wrong?
but why do you say "it's not what they do" ? maybe not ll of us do that, but most of us try to. I'm friends with all nuns in Iceland, and they're awesome and doing the best job. Especially the Missionaries of Charity with whom I keep a special bond by helping them every time I can..(usually with sewing, painting and all that creative stuff because I love it Very Happy)

from what I've read, your prophet killed the jews who didn't want to become muslim too, so it's nothing new.
Rolling Eyes
and the priests..I think its bs, if there really are such ppl, then they have no right to cal themselves priests! Exclamation Exclamation
gud
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Maria wrote:

Ok so i know we have people that do ugly things and have a lot of sins & others but i also think that every religion have people that doesn't respect & doesen't take cont of their religion.Like,every religion have people that aregoodmuslims,christians,etc.

So that's my opinion Very Happy .Once again i hope i didn't upset u with what i said,it's nothing personal,i only feelt that i have to "defend" my religion.

very nicely said, Maria Very Happy
and of course I agree with you 100% Smile

-gud
gud
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
elmoro4life wrote:
I respect other religions too Smile I just gave you a lil idea about my view of christianity, I didn't said it's christianity!! it's just what I learned through the years... even tho I live in a country where there's less than 1% of christians..

oh wow.. 1% Surprised
actually in Iceland there are only 2% Catholics Very Happy and the rest?
protestants (= pretty much, non-believers)

Since I'm talking about protestants...I was watching this series about the Medici family, and how 2 men from their family became popes, and then Martin Luther came along sending ppl letters about how they will go to hell because they bought the (don't remember what it's called...) seal of forgiveness or smth like that.. They'll go to hell' that's just idiotic. Those ppl just wanted to have their and the dead ones sins forgiven so they could go to heaven, because they wanted to be accepted by God, because they were desperate, because they believed! and of course God is merciful, and let them into heaven. But that's just one of the things I disagree with protestants..
I dunno about elsewhere, but surely here, the protestants are 90% non-believers. All this "letting ppl be free from traditions " things just made ppl promiscuous and forgetful. What do I hear from ppl around the word about Christianity (I mean, those who usually have no respect)? They say that it's just ridiculous. And so I tend to blame Martin for this irreligious ppl revolution.

peace
-gud
gud
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote
adela wrote:
Well i think that you can talk about religion for days cause everyone thinks and belive in whaterver he or she wants and i really hate when someone comes to me trying to convinge me that her religion is the "right one" (it happend to me once....)

I'm in a such a horrible situation.......my father is an ortodox an my mother is a baptist........and i'm like Confused Confused Confused but now i understand that God is only one and in my vision all the reliogion are equal! so....i respect every religion no matter in what she or he belives.........i mean it's not my bussines Laughing

exactly! I loooooooooooooove talking about religions..but unfortunately, no one around me, likes that Sad Sad Crying or Very sad
elmoro4life
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
gud wrote:

ooh..thanks so much Smile Very Happy

but what's the deal with " ...he(Jesus) will kill the pigs..." Confused never heard of it

-gud

Because according to Islam, Christians too were forbidden by God to eat the meat of the pig (pork) so Jesus PBUH would kill pigs and prevent eating its meat.. hope you can get what I mean, most things I read are in Arabic so it's a bit hard to translate..

Did you ever readed books or watched documentaries by Harun Yahya? i think you should do so!! you would learn so many things!!
http://www.harunyahya.net/V2/Lang/en

Peace,
Elmoro4Life.com